How Small Businesses Can Spread the Love in Your Community
February has become the month of Amore! Love! Businesses large and small incorporate Valentine’s Day into sales and marketing efforts with the hope that customers will spread a little more love their way. Another great way to acknowledge this amorous time is to spread a little love yourself – back to the community that supports your business.
Giving back through volunteering is a great way to show the value you place on your community, here are a few points of potential returns a small business will receive when you lend a hand to others:
- Marketing: Representing your business is a surefire way to send a message about what you’re all about. You have the opportunity to make a positive memorable impression that will stay with people.
- Networking: Getting out into your community gives you a chance to develop new relationships and strengthen existing ones.
- Skill Development: If you are volunteering services that are a regular part of your offerings, you may have a unique opportunity to strengthen them in a different context. If you are giving your time for a different activity, it is a chance to learn something new and potentially translate those lessons into your business practices.
Three great ways to make the most of your efforts to spread the love…
- Find a Cause that speaks to your passion! We all want to spend time doing things we love. Find something that compliments your existing business efforts or draws on a passion for you and your team. VolunteerMatch.org is a great site to help find opportunities specific to your interests and your availability.
- Pump up your team! Get your team involved and excited by making it easy for them to participate. If you can afford it, order matching t-shirts or gather everyone for a meal afterward to discuss the event. It’ll serve as a great team-building activity and provide an opportunity for conversation about future efforts.
- Get the word out! Press releases, Facebook updates, tweets and more. Let people know that you are getting out there to help your community. If the organization you are volunteering with also has a social media presence, don’t forget to tag them or use their handle – They will appreciate the additional publicity as well.
Lending a hand to the less fortunate or providing your product or service to an organization in need are great ways to show you care about the community that makes it possible for you to do business. Additionally the support you are able to show for your community is sure to be appreciated.
Join PCDfc & share the sweetness of volunteering this February with the deserving people and causes in your community. Over the years PCDfc has donated the time and talent of its staff through various efforts, follow PCDfc’s Facebook and LinkedIn to see what they are up to this year!